How the Constitution Bee Works
Outside Independence Hall when the Constitutional Convention of 1787 ended, Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, "A republic, if you can keep it."
"A primary object ... should be the education of our youth in the science of government. In a Republic, what species of knowledge can be equally important? And what duty
more pressing ... than communicating it to those who are to be the future guardians of the liberties of the country?" — George Washington
Were we not challenged by our First President?
Were we not challenged by our Founders?
So here we bring that challenge to you.
September 17th, Constitution Day, the application process to participate opens.
Selection and Process
Download and complete our scholarship application.
Fillable application and instructions may be found here.
Mail your signed, completed application form to:
The Flint Hills Tea Party Education Fund, Inc.
Attn: Scholarship Application
1228 Westloop Place, PMB 326
Manhattan, KS 66502-2840
Deadline: the application must be postmarked no later than December 31st
- Applications are reviewed by a panel of judges.
- Participants are selected. Notification of selection will be sent by email within 2 weeks of application deadline.
- Selected Participants should receive their action packet via US mail within 3 weeks of the application deadline.
- Response Form, located in the Action Packet, must be returned within 10 days of receipt to acknowledge your acceptance to participate in the Constitution Bee. This form has important information which is used in the final preparations for the event itself.
- Participants should review study materials.
- Testing consists of four parts: true and false; multiple choice; short answers; and the final question, selecting the three award winners, is an oral presentation.
- Make your plans to attend the event; invite your family, teachers; make hotel reservations if needed.